Very often, there are 2 reasons why people go to a salon to get their hair dyed or coloured:
1. It’s very difficult to get the results you want especially if all that you have to guide you is one mirror in front and a mental picture of the back of your head.
2. It will get messy and your arms are probably going to be too tired to even pick up stuff or clean up.
That was true before the bubble hair dye was invented. We see a lot of beauty companies, especially in Asia, develop their own version of this shampoo-like, easy to apply, hair colouring wonder. Today, however, I shine the spotlight on the Etude House Bubble Hair Dye in Natural Brown (3).
Packaging & Contents
The box mostly has Korean text on it since Etude House is a Korean brand. On one side, however, you will find everything that you need in English: the description, the instructions, the ingredients etc. On the same side, you’ll also find a small circle to be cut out so you can insert the pump there to further prevent drips.
Inside the box, you will see 4 items:
- Hair colouring agent
- A sachet of Silky Perfumed Treatment Conditioner
- Gloves, a caplet, and more instructions bundled in a sealed plastic bag
Here’s the ‘How-To’ Guide:
- Pour the colouring agent into the pump. The pump already contains liquid that make the dye bubble.
- Tilt the pump back and forth. Avoid shaking it vigorously to prevent bubble formation inside the pump.
- Get your protective gear ready. Put the caplet on as well as the gloves.
- Remove the pump stopper.
- Untangle your hair by combing it and then parting it the way you usually do.
- Pump out just the right amount and start applying the bubble on your hair, starting on the natural partition of your hair. Parting your hair in sections as you go along will be better to distribute the colour evenly.
The back part is a little tricky but the partition technique helps you map out the areas that you haven’t applied the bubbles to. Work your way out until you get to your tips and then gather your hair upward.
- Wait for 30 minutes for the dye to set-in.
- Rinse it with water and then apply the ‘Silky Perfumed Treatment Conditioner’.
- Dry out your hair and see the results!
- The application of the bubble hair dye is not exactly rocket science which is why most people love this product.
- All you have to do is mix — which takes no longer than 5 minutes — pump, and apply.
- The price for one box is between $9-$10 USD which is a good price for the results you get.
- It’s ammonia-free which means that you do not get the irritating smell that you would experience from other dyes.
- It has a non-drip formula formula which makes cleanup easy-breezy.
- The results would depend on what your hair color is. The dye works almost any hair color, even dark, almost black Asian hair.
- It does not stain your skin.
- The conditioner is great! Smells amazing and softens your hair instantly!
- It may be difficult to get access to this product. Etude House has a lot of branches in Asia but if you’re from another continent then you would probably need to search for one online.
- Expect for your roots to show the color more vibrantly. The color will eventually even out after a few shampoo washes.
- The dye won’t completely even out your hair color IF you’ve had your roots grown out.
- Expect a bit of itching sensation during the 30 minute wait.
- Your hair will feel very dry as soon as you rinse with water. It’s important that you do not skip on applying the conditioner.